Why choose me?
The things I know:
- ELT teaching & assessment
- ELT publishing
- DEI – principles and application
- ELT has been lacking in DEI
- How to apply DEI to ELT and other disciplines.
I’m a DELTA qualified teacher who has been in the ELT industry since leaving university many moons ago.
Freelance consultant 2011 to date
My portfolio is wide and varied:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion consultant reviewing ELT and Modern Foreign Languages educational materials in all aspects of DEI.
- ELT writer, editor, content-development editing on a range of materials and courses including Young Learners.
- Delivered DEI training for a large publisher and their content development teams.
- I’m a social media copywriter for We Love IELTS and was headwriter for IELTS Official Facebook.
- ELT assessment project manager, writer, editor, vettor and proofer.
- Cambridge Assessment English official vettor for Young Learners exams: Starters, Movers, Flyers.
Assessment support manager at Cambridge
& Managing Editor - IELTS at Cambridge University Press
When I returned to the UK I went on to work for Cambridge Assessment English. I no longer taught exam courses but now I was involved in the whole production process that goes into writing those exams. Project management, test-writing, editing, proofing, pretesting… the job taught me all these things and so, so much more.
Working at Cambridge University Press in-house taught me the importance of processes, workflows, budgets and the high-stakes, high-pressure of producing quality materials on time.
My 17-year teaching and examining career overseas and my in-house experience are the foundation on which my consultancy services are based.
Find out how I can help you by getting in touch.